Saturday, April 22, 2006

I rather play chess

Please read the following post in its entirety before you say i am insulting the government. I do not make BIG grandoise claims on what is wrong in what current system. Or how it can be made better. I declare that i think PAP has done a good job so far. Because no one can tell the future. More opposition might help us, it might not. I dont really care, i rather play chess.
I just took out 4 minutes of the clip to show that sometimes, people are wrongly accused and many a times we always support the better speaker. I was laughing at how the guy got put down by MM Lee, and decided to blog about it because i found it hilarious. I have zero political inclinations in the respect of blogging.
Having said that, i think my points are fair as can be seen by viewing the clip. I insult no one. I just comment on the evidence. I do not presume to say who is right or wrong overall after the dialogue. People should learn to form their own opinions. I think with regards to that portion of the clip, both sides have valid and invalid points. Therefore, no one is going to convince me to delete the following post. I like it. It makes me laugh and that makes me happy.

The following title refers to no one in particular. Its just that i saw this phrase saying " the ideals of the revolution must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants" and i was thinking how, to me, that will never work. Because from personal biblical convictions i think only love brings about lasting change. Bloodshed only breeds more tyrants. But i am no idealist, we humans cannot do it. I bet history is full of instances where we just kill to get into power until someone else kills us. HAHAHA. The irony is amazing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said disgustingly...

i laughed a lot reading your 2 postings. If one knows the past climate of politics in this country, one can say the dialogue session (i didn't watch thru) was quite refreshing. Also, despite perhaps some illogical reasoning which can be taken instead as seasoned counters with journalists and 'opponents'. i see beyond your mere writing; you cared to be engaged like the 10 young people, altho your purpose was apolitical and different. One cannot overemphasised wise, mature arguments and caution. "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Pr 51.1. God bless Singapura.

April 27, 2006 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home