Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Amazing Post

Since we are on the topic of songs; i was wondering if anyone has realised this lyrics in the christian chorus "Heart of Worship".
When the music fades/And all is stripped away/And I simply come
Longing just to bring/Something that’s of worth/That will bless Your heart
I-ll bring You more than a song/For a song in itself/Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within /Through the way things appear/You-re looking into my heart
CHORUS: I-m coming back to the heart of worship/And it-s all about You/It-s all about You, Jesus
I-m sorry, Lord for the thing I-ve made it/And it-s all about You/It-s all about You, Jesus

What i do not understand is the part where it goes "I-m sorry, Lord for the thing I-ve made it" -- what exactly does it mean? More recently i thought the song breaks (emphasized by me with slashes) did not correspond to the sentence,phrase breaks. Which meant that it could be something like apologising for certain things and now I have made it. E.g. "I am sorry Lord for the things. (But now) I have made it (Yipee)!! However, most of my cell members found this explanation incredibly nonsensical and highly unlikely. Maybe the simpler explanation is that its just more coherent way of making the song flow nicely, instead of saying 'Sorry for all the bad things i have done throughout my life'.
Anyway, the song is really nice, and ties in nicely with love and supporting each other for what we can be, and not for what we appear to be now. Its always comforting to remember that somewhat comically, the angel of the Lord called Gideon a 'Mighty hero'; declaring this while Gideon was 'threshing wheat at the bottom of a winepress to hide from the Midianite oppressors'.

" The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said ,'Mighty hero, the Lord is with you!' "
Judges 6:12

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said disgustingly...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "it" referred to is worship itself.

"I'm sorry Lord for the thing i've made 'worship'- when it's all about you, it's all about You Jesus."-Lou

April 13, 2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger efarmer said disgustingly...

oh actually that makes sense. And sounds coherent. Wonder who the writer of the song is.. Maybe can email him personally hahaha.

April 13, 2006 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home