Monday, April 10, 2006

Better Forever

" Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins" 1 Peter 4:8

It just so happened that i read this verse after listening to the extremely overplayed Bon Jovi song "Always". I think the album is rather old, maybe 10 years or more ago, but i still vividly remember getting confused by the chorus.
"Yeah I will love you baby Always And I'll be there forever and a day Always I'll be there till the stars don't shine Till the heavens burst and words don't rhyme And I know when I die You'll be on my mind And I'll love you always"
I could never figure out what was being sung during "forever and a (?)day(?)", i think if you didnt know the lyrics it might have been really hard to decipher as well. I would crane my neck to the hifi speakers years ago in hopes of finally getting the ephiphany on what the elusive word was. "A deep?", " A beep?", "Aggrieved?", "A leave?" Till this day I still do not really think he articulates the word 'day' very well in the song.
I guess its also because 'forever and a day' is a bit of a strange phrase. Beautiful definitely, but sometimes forever is already long enough. Its been said that people are in this world to practice loving. Its a testing ground; for when we go to heaven, we should be ready to get along for eternity. I dont think people will be too chuffed about sincerely tolerating my obnoxiousness for a never ending period of time. I wonder if i would get to sing "Always" as well. Might get thrown out of heaven for that though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home