Thursday, January 10, 2008

Missionary Styling

Hello everyone,

Its a new year and a new year of blogging. With the new year comes a new year hair cut. Which is the same style as the previous 5 years but only called a new year haircut because it is cut in January. Maybe next year i will get dreadlocks like the new year show: Alien vs Predator 2. Only that next year it will be an old show.

This year i tried a new hair dressing shop, it was super cheap at only $8. Cheaper than the QB house and wat not $10 for 10 min haircuts. That are supposed to be cheap and good. I think the only thing really good about those 10 min shops are the compartments where all sorts of contraptions come out to aid with your hair cut. I am particularly impressed with the final hair sucking vacuum that extends out of nowhere to give you a non-balding/non-falling hair misconception after your haircut. No, i am not very enamoured with the free comb, which i think is why they dont give them anymore, do they?

The strange thing about my $8 haircut was that at the end, the hairstylist gave me a calender. Which i mean is not really the most congruent gift with hairdessing like a comb is. But, it was the new year. Having said that, i turned to the other side and it was actually a missionary calender, entitled "Prayer for a New Beginning". It goes something like this: Dear God (with a capital G which allows me to take it seriously),

Thank you for loving me. I believe Jesus Christ is Your Son Who came and lived a perfect life among us. I know i have not lived a perfect life. I ask for your forgiveness for my sins and self-willed behaviour. I believe that Jesus died for me... (rather long, sorry for editing), I commit myself to following You the rest of my life. Thank You for hearing my prayer. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

I really find it commendable that people are standing up for their faith but i couldnt help but notice that there were many different types of calenders that were used as gifts. I wonder why the hairstylist chose (if he indeed did calculate his decision) to give me this particular one. Maybe he feels God's direction while cutting my hair. Which is absolutely fine, hairdressing could definitely be a calling. Or maybe it was 1pm, i hadnt shaved and was dressed shabbily and looked like a junkie.

Either way, its a new beginning of blogging and maybe some styles need to change.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said disgustingly...

Hahaha... thank goodness the hairdresser didnt give you some hot chicks calendar..

happy new year!!
When are you coming back to perth?!

January 10, 2008 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said disgustingly...

maybe someone gave it to him and he didnt want it so he gave it to you. hahaha.

January 10, 2008 10:27 PM  
Blogger efarmer said disgustingly...

Nikki -- Good point about hot chicks one although it might attract some other types of customers, i wonder if the other types of calenders were those.
-d- -- I saw that he has a large tray of these pocket sized calenders leh. And there were many different colours with 100+ each.

January 11, 2008 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said disgustingly...

hallo.
i like this entry
one thing about calenders is that you can't put it in your gift store, like chocolates. cos they expire.
-Lou

January 12, 2008 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said disgustingly...

CALENDAR is the correct spelling..

haha..sorry cant help it.

Calender actually means something else!

January 14, 2008 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home