Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mysterious Fireworks

To celebrate the new look of our blog- much like a stubble on a young chin or a swanky new restaurant on a new york street, here's a poem for you guys.

Mysterious Fireworks

The flowery display of sparks shout
Your name before falling
into the eventual envelope of darkness.
Yet the 'boom' 'boom' 'boom' can’t
challenge the silence to follow-
“pardon me” I question your short existence,
that leaves me pining a new adjustment.

No such lights which bring spectrums of colours.
Only the other sun-catcher but it hangs too still;
Too still and on a string it swings and cannot let go
And yet it’s there unlike
The mysterious fireworks.

Finally I try to find you fireworks.
But you work on wonder, wish and wholeness.
Your mystery returns to the chest until
a new year comes around,
Before you spray your splendor again anew.
But grant you this I say, I might
Not forget the memory of the past bold sight.

Louise Tay



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home