Monday, January 30, 2006

Commentary on following piece

The following project is a long overdue one given to me by Louise. I was supposed to write a story on 'writing a story about an apple". I didnt really fulfil the writing part but i hope there is some remnants of the meta fiction idea that was originally proposed. As usual, i sincerely welcome some comments on my writing. I think it would be better if i extended it a bit. But ppl then shld read it on paper and not on a blog with strange page sizes. HAHA.
I included a verse at the end of the entry. This is my personal conviction that more people shld try to get people's interest in Christianity circularly first. This doesnt mean serious compromising. Instead, i think the problem with most Christian sources now is that once people know its a allusion to Biblical things, they are turned off by it immediately. Of course i do understand that sometimes the message is watered down this way.
I would love to see a film that has hints of Christian themes but is so exciting and up to par with what a common (I want to see Hollywood stunts and action) movie goer would watch. This is indeed a fine line to draw and may meet with certain objections. But having said that, everything Christians try to do differently is met with objections so i still stand by my suggestion.
If anyone knows any good books or films related to wat i have just mentioned feel free to comment here as well. I do know that Narnia and Matrix and Harry Potter and even Simpsons have undergone Christian scrunity and guide books have been published about them, but i guess i am looking for a inspired spark of genius. A Christian touch of inspiration. In God's time.
Thus, on this note, i can only leave you with my humble try at something to this effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home