Thursday, August 03, 2006

If It's God's Will, Who Gets The Money??

Thanks goes out to Mark for giving me the book, Armageddon the Musical, by Robet Rankin. Yes its not really biblical and a bit satirical. But then again most ppl are complaining about the Da Vinci Code anyway. Besides, dark humour has always made me happy. And its not like the book was meant to be a piece of Truth. Just looking at the names of characters will make that rather clear.
So besides the title, which truthfully, i took some time to understand. HAHAHA. Read it again if you dont get it.
I also found this phrase quite funny.

" Mungo Madoc seated himself before the assembly and examined the faces to gauge the expressions thereupon. Satisfied that, as ever, deceit and treachery numbered among his board's most noble qualities, he smiled wanly and began to speak. "

Its good to read hilarious novels instead of serious textbooks all the time.

Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning burning burning.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said disgustingly...

Hey... bring back the book to lend me k- Lou

August 04, 2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Mishi said disgustingly...

hee hee, now louise wants to read it. ;p Armageddon the musical... that i really hafvn't got. tell me!

August 05, 2006 1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said disgustingly...

"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?" TS Eliot

August 13, 2006 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home